Expected: Expo Breaking boundaries
The Olympic Games from Antwerp 1920 to Tokyo 2020
From 20 March 2020, you are invited to visit a special exhibition detailing how Belgium and the Antwerp Games of 1920 helped create the Olympic Games as we know them today. Our country and all of the participating athletes surpassed their previous records in the very first Games to follow the Great War. These were Olympic Games full of firsts and new traditions, including the very first Olympic Oath and the first Olympic flag.
Discover all there is to know about the most remarkable records, the most notable sporting legends and the greatest breakthroughs. Together with the athletes of today and yesteryear, we will be breaking our own records as a museum of sporting and Olympic history.
Discover your own personal bests, and test your fitness against that of current and previous Olympic champions. This is an exhibition full of sports and games for everyone.
Olympic photobooth on tour!
Did you know that an art competition was also part of the first Olympic Games? Gather your courage, jump on stage, take a photo and attend the opening of the hundredth anniversary of the Olympic Games at the Sportimonium’s exhibition ‘Antwerp 1920 – Tokyo 2020’.
- Currently no scheduled dates
1. Visit the photo booth – that is the way to get off to a great start.
2. Take an amazing photo that includes one of our giant medals.
3. Share your photo with us so that we can spot it on social media. You can do this by tagging us @Sportimonium and remembering to add #Olympic1920.
4. The Sportimonium team will award gold, silver and bronze medals for the best photos, taking into account the Olympic values of friendship, respect and excellence.
We will get in touch with the winners and invite them to the pre-opening event to be held in March 2020!